Bhushan CD case: Court rejects closure report
New Delhi: A Delhi Court on Wednesday directed the
police to continue its probe into the case of a controversial
CD allegedly containing talk between lawyer Shanti Bhushan and
politicians Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh by rejecting
the closure report filed by the investigators.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Vinod Yadav rejected
the closure report of Delhi Police, saying it was not clear as
to why the probe agency rushed to file the cancellation report
when it was clear that proper probe has not been conducted in
The court also said that it was not the case that the CD
came from "thin air" and the agency could have probed when the
CD was prepared.
It said the motive behind making the CD should have been
investigated as whether it was to derail the campaign for the
Lokpal Bill or defame Bhushan or to make a recusal of a judge
in the Supreme Court in the 2G case.
The court had earlier slammed the Delhi Police for not
registering a corruption case despite finding the CD to be
The court was hearing the arguments on Bhushan`s petition
challenging the police report seeking cancellation of his
(Bhushan`s) complaint which described the CD, containing his
alleged conversation with Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh
Yadav and Amar Singh, as "fabricated" and sought registration
of a criminal case for allegedly forging the CD.
The court had also come down heavily upon the police for
not recording the voice samples of Amar Singh, Mulayum Singh
Yadav and Shanti Bhushan while investigating the matter.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police had in August, last
year, sought the court`s permission to close a case registered
on Bhushan`s complaint at the I P Estate police station on
April 14, 2011. Bhushan had denied having had any conversation
He had alleged the CD was a "cut-and-paste job" to
discredit the campaign for a strong anti-graft Lokpal Bill.
The police had sought the closure of the case, saying
there was no substantive evidence to prove the offence of
forgery (doctoring of the controversial CD), as alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal