Bhushan CD report can only be challenged in court: Delhi CFSL
New Delhi: Criticised for giving a wrong report in the Bhushan CD case, the CFSL Delhi on Monday hit back saying the CD containing alleged voice of Shanti Bhushan was subjected to "detailed and extensive examination" and its report can only be "challenged" in the court of law.
Sources in the Central Forensic Science Laboratory,
Delhi said the alleged CD was examined at CFSL, which is the
premier forensic laboratory of the country by four Forensic
voice identification and authentication experts, who have,
after detailed and extensive examination, submitted their
report to the Delhi police.
"The matter is still under probe by the Delhi Police and
the report of the forensic experts can only be challenged in
the court of law," said a CFSL official.
The case relates to a CD which had circulated ahead of
the first meeting of the joint drafting committee on Lokpal
Bill which had purported conversations between Bhushan and
political leaders Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh over
fixing a judge for Rs four crore.
Bhushan had claimed that the CD was fabricated and got
it examined by a private laboratory, which said the CD was
fabricated. A copy of the disc was sent by the Police to
CFSL, Delhi which reportedly said the CD was genuine.
The Police sent it for a second opinion to CFSL,
Chandigarh which reportedly said it was a cut and paste job.
Earlier, Shanti Bhushan in a letter today to Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh demanded that the report of CFSL
Chandigarh be made public and action be taken against four
experts who had signed the Delhi CFSL report.
"You are requested to get a prompt enquiry done and get
the four experts who have signed the report, declaring the
obviously fabricated CD as authentic, removed from their posts
to salvage the reputation of the Delhi CFSL," Bhushan said in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery