Bhutan king on 8-day visit to India
New Delhi: Bhutan king Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who is the chief guest at the 64th Republic Day Parade, arrived here Wednesday along with his queen Jetsun Pema on an eight-day visit.
During his visit, he will meet President Pranab Mukherjee. Vice President Hamid Ansari, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj among others will be calling on the king.
His father Jigme Singye Wangchuk was the chief guest at the Republic Day parade in 2005.
Bhutan is one of India`s closest neighbours and has been often described as an "all weather" friend.
The visit of the king of Bhutan will contribute to further strengthening and expanding the close bilateral relations between our two countries, a MEA statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nirbhaya-like rape case jolts Bihar; pistol inserted in 21-year-old victim's private parts
- Bond girl Caterina Murino all set to take Bollywood by storm with Rajeev Khandelwal's 'Fever'!
- Punjab PMET results 2016 (bfuhs.ac.in) declared; Lovish Gupta of Faridkot tops PMET
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT