Bhutan King to be chief guest at India`s Republic Day parade
New Delhi: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck will be the chief guest at India`s Republic Day parade this year.
An official release says that the King and Queen of Bhutan will pay a state visit to India from January 23 to 30. He has been invited by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
During his visit, the Bhutan King will meet with President Mukherjee, Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
He will also meet External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai will also call on the King of Bhutan.
The visit of the Bhutan King will contribute to a further strengthening and expanding of close bilateral relations between the two countries.
The unique and special relations between the two neighbouring countries are characterized by everlasting friendship, deep understanding and mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das