Bhutan King to be chief guest at India`s Republic Day parade
New Delhi: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck will be the chief guest at India`s Republic Day parade this year.
An official release says that the King and Queen of Bhutan will pay a state visit to India from January 23 to 30. He has been invited by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
During his visit, the Bhutan King will meet with President Mukherjee, Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
He will also meet External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai will also call on the King of Bhutan.
The visit of the Bhutan King will contribute to a further strengthening and expanding of close bilateral relations between the two countries.
The unique and special relations between the two neighbouring countries are characterized by everlasting friendship, deep understanding and mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway