Bhutan King to be chief guest at India`s Republic Day parade
New Delhi: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck will be the chief guest at India`s Republic Day parade this year.
An official release says that the King and Queen of Bhutan will pay a state visit to India from January 23 to 30. He has been invited by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
During his visit, the Bhutan King will meet with President Mukherjee, Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
He will also meet External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai will also call on the King of Bhutan.
The visit of the Bhutan King will contribute to a further strengthening and expanding of close bilateral relations between the two countries.
The unique and special relations between the two neighbouring countries are characterized by everlasting friendship, deep understanding and mutual trust.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'