Bhutan PM to deliver Hiren Mukherjee lecture
New Delhi: Bhutan Prime Minister Lyonchhen Jigme Y Thinley will deliver the Prof Hiren Mukherjee Memorial annual parliamentary lecture on December 20 at the Central Hall of Parliament.
The theme of the lecture will be Gross National
Happiness: A holistic paradigm for sustainable well-being.
The function will be attended by Vice-President Mohd
Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Speaker Meira
Kumar besides many other dignitaries, according to a release
by the Lok Sabha secretariat.
Parliament has instituted the Prof Hiren Mukherjee
Memorial lecture in 2008 with a view to creating an awareness
among all stakeholders of democracy on various issues of
critical significance to the polity as was envisaged by Prof
Mukherjee all through his public life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Devastated Ben Stokes undergoes surgery; Reece Topley ruled out for three months
- Honda City Vs Honda BR-V: A comparative review
- Have you seen Bajrang Dal training video shot in Ayodhya? Watch it here
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 4 electric vehicles by 2020
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2016: Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII Exam Result 2016 declared