Bid to ensure return of Britons detained in Delhi
London: The MP from North-East Somerset is liaising with the Foreign Office to ensure the return of two Bristol-based plane spotters who were detained in a hotel near the international airport in New Delhi last week.
Stephen Hampton and Steven Ayres were reportedly detained at the Radisson Hotel near the airport in Delhi when it was discovered that they were carrying an air traffic
control scanner, laptop binoculars and cameras.
The two plane spotters reportedly asked for a room overlooking a runway.
Dan Norris, MP from North-East Somerset, who is liaising with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to try to bring the two home, said of Hampton: "His family are
distraught, ever so anxious and worried, understandably, that he can come home soon".
He added: "My job is to try and make that happen with the support of the Foreign Office and our diplomats and officials.
"Hampton`s mother, Eileen Cock, said he had travelled all over the world photographing aircraft and added that the scanning kit he was carrying was used to track incoming aircraft so they could photograph them at the best moment.
Cock told the BBC she believed her son was now at a deportation centre in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried