Biden visit: Monkey menace at Gandhi Smriti puts cops in tizzy
New Delhi: Monkeys gave a tough time to security and police personnel during US Vice President Joe Biden`s visit to Gandhi Smriti to pay tribute to the father of the nation.
Biden, his wife Jill, daughter and son-in-law headed straight from airport to the Gandhi memorial house at `Tees January marg` and spent about one-and-a-half hours at the place.
Even before he arrived at the memorial, Delhi Police personnel, who were coordinating security arrangements of the VIP along with Secret Service Agents of the US administration, had a tough time sanitising the open area around Gandhi`s statue where the Vice President was supposed to pose for shutterbugs.
A group of simians swooped on the trees nibbling on raw mangoes and dropping the fruits right where Biden was to stand.
Delhi Police officials then posted few personnel to pick the fruits and keep the space spic and span as they even suggested Biden`s staff to skip the location fearing trouble or an untoward incident by the menacing monkeys.
Undeterred, the Vice President, however, reached the statue with his wife and family and posed for pictures along with Gandhi`s grand daughter Tara Gandhi Bhattacharjee and centre director Mani Mala.
The security personnel heaved a sigh of relief as soon as the VIP convoy left for Taj Palace hotel where Biden and his entourage are staying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre