Biden visit: Monkey menace at Gandhi Smriti puts cops in tizzy
New Delhi: Monkeys gave a tough time to security and police personnel during US Vice President Joe Biden`s visit to Gandhi Smriti to pay tribute to the father of the nation.
Biden, his wife Jill, daughter and son-in-law headed straight from airport to the Gandhi memorial house at `Tees January marg` and spent about one-and-a-half hours at the place.
Even before he arrived at the memorial, Delhi Police personnel, who were coordinating security arrangements of the VIP along with Secret Service Agents of the US administration, had a tough time sanitising the open area around Gandhi`s statue where the Vice President was supposed to pose for shutterbugs.
A group of simians swooped on the trees nibbling on raw mangoes and dropping the fruits right where Biden was to stand.
Delhi Police officials then posted few personnel to pick the fruits and keep the space spic and span as they even suggested Biden`s staff to skip the location fearing trouble or an untoward incident by the menacing monkeys.
Undeterred, the Vice President, however, reached the statue with his wife and family and posed for pictures along with Gandhi`s grand daughter Tara Gandhi Bhattacharjee and centre director Mani Mala.
The security personnel heaved a sigh of relief as soon as the VIP convoy left for Taj Palace hotel where Biden and his entourage are staying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?