Bidve murder: Cops to visit India, accused bailed
London: Three teenagers arrested in
connection with the murder of Indian student Anuj Bidve in the
UK were on Friday, released on bail even as the police apologised
to the family that it came to know about the incident not from
them but from Facebook.
The UK police also offered a reward of 50,000 pounds to
find those linked to the murder and that the investigating
team was putting in place plans to send officers to India to
offer support to the Bidve family.
A 16-year-old boy and two 17-year-old boys have been
released on bail, the police announced.
Five persons were earlier arrested by police on suspicion
of murdering Bidve, 23, who was shot in the head in Manchester
at close range in an "unprovoked" attack on December 26 on
The British police investigating the murder apologised
that his family learnt of the incident through Facebook rather
than from the police.
Responding to remarks of Subhash Bidve, the Pune-based
father of the victim, assistant chief constable Dawn Copley
said a family liaison officer was deployed soon after the
incident but admitted that news of the information was first
released on Facebook.
"A Family Liaison Officer was quickly put in place
after Anuj`s murder who made exhaustive inquiries to try and
inform the family and deliver the awful news personally.
Unfortunately, as the officer was attempting to contact the
family through the right channels, a post was put on
Facebook," Copley said.
"We know that Mr Bidve has spoken to the media about
finding out on a social networking site that Anuj had been
murdered. Sadly, that was the case. That is not the way anyone
should have to find out something so devastating and we
completely understand how upset the family are," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp