Big B greatest talent of our time: Brown
London: Applauding the cinematic genius of Bollywood mega star Amitabh Bachchan, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown described the actor as one of the “greatest talents” of our time.
Brown spoke glowingly of the 67-year-old star as he presented him with the keys for a Mobile Diabetes Unit at a charity dinner here last night.
The bus, named ‘Amitabh’ in the honour of Big B, will help screen people in Mumbai for diabetes and has been donated by diabetes prevention charity organisation ‘Silver Star’, founded by Indian-origin Labour MP, Keith Vaz in 2007.
“It is a pleasure to be here with Amitabh Bachchan. I talked to him just as we arrived. I was saying that I had 4 million viewers in a TV interview. I asked how many people will watch his next film and he said 500 million people. That shows the greatness of this man,” Brown said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday