Bihar ahead of Gujarat in development: RSS chief
New Delhi: In what might leave Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi red-faced, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat recently showered praise on Bihar’s development model.
Bhagwat even said Bihar was ahead of Gujarat in terms of development.
However, while interacting with some foreign journalists a cautious RSS chief said his opinion was that of the common man and not his personal. Maintaining a guarded approach, the RSS chief said the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh states are also governed well.
Bhagwat’s statement assumes great significance as in June 2012 he had supported Narendra Modi for prime ministership and slammed Nitish Kumar for saying that NDA should have a secular PM nominee.
Nitish Kumar led JD(U) is the biggest ally of BJP and the saffron party would not want to annoy the Bihar Chief Minister.
In the recent past, Nitish Kumar has openly advocated his stand against Narendra Modi being projected as the NDA’s prime ministerial candidate.
A few days back, BJP president Nitin Gadkari held a luncheon meeting with Kumar where the duo discussed issues ranging from development index to 2014 General elections.
Sources indicated that Gadkari’s luncheon meeting was part of the ongoing exercise to mend broken fences with the alliance partners affiliated with the NDA.
Reports also suggest that the RSS top brass is upset with Modi’s highhandedness in the dropping of Sanjay Joshi from the BJP national executive held in May in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’