Bihar Assembly adjourned after condoling JD(U) MLA`s death
Patna: The Bihar Assembly was on Friday adjourned for the day after condoling the "untimely" death of ruling JD(U) MLA Abhay Singh.
Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhry read out the condolence message and said the House unanimously adopt a resolution condoling the untimely death of Singh.
The House observed one minute silence as a mark of respect and later adjourned for the day.
Singh allegedly commited suicide after shooting his wife and six-month-old daughter dead at his father and Bihar Food and Supplies Minister Narendra Singh`s official residence here during wee hours today.
Narendra Singh who fell unconscious after the incident was admitted to the ICCU of Patna Medical College and Hospital with cardiac complications, sources said.
Abhay Singh, who was elected from Jamui, shot his daughter and wife dead with a gun before killing himself after a quarrel at about 2 am, police said adding that the matter was being investigated.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar who rushed to Singh`s residence after coming to know about the incident and remained there about two hours described the incident as "very sad".
"We are all with the family members of Narendra Singh at this hour of crisis," Kumar told media persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged