Bihar BJP meets Governor over corruption by UPA
Patna: A Bihar Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) delegation met Governor D Y Patil on Saturday and demanded removal of the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for alleged corruption as part of the party`s nation-wide agitation.
The BJP delegation comprising party general secretary J P Nadda, vice president C P Thakur, state party president Mangal Pandey and others met the governor at the Raj Bhavan and submitted a memorandum to him, party sources said.
The BJP memorandum highlighted different cases of corruption, including 2G and Coalgate and pointed fingers at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance minister P Chidambaram.
It alleged that the Congress was `misusing` the JPC on coal scam to give clean chit to the Prime Minister and Chidambaram. The government had received stinging remark from Supreme Court for interfering in CBI report over Coalgate, it said.
The BJP memorandum also alleged attempt to protect the Prime Minister and Chidambaram in 2G case and demanded strict action against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note