Bihar BJP meets Governor over corruption by UPA
Patna: A Bihar Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) delegation met Governor D Y Patil on Saturday and demanded removal of the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for alleged corruption as part of the party`s nation-wide agitation.
The BJP delegation comprising party general secretary J P Nadda, vice president C P Thakur, state party president Mangal Pandey and others met the governor at the Raj Bhavan and submitted a memorandum to him, party sources said.
The BJP memorandum highlighted different cases of corruption, including 2G and Coalgate and pointed fingers at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance minister P Chidambaram.
It alleged that the Congress was `misusing` the JPC on coal scam to give clean chit to the Prime Minister and Chidambaram. The government had received stinging remark from Supreme Court for interfering in CBI report over Coalgate, it said.
The BJP memorandum also alleged attempt to protect the Prime Minister and Chidambaram in 2G case and demanded strict action against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir