Bihar BJP meets Governor over corruption by UPA
Patna: A Bihar Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) delegation met Governor D Y Patil on Saturday and demanded removal of the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for alleged corruption as part of the party`s nation-wide agitation.
The BJP delegation comprising party general secretary J P Nadda, vice president C P Thakur, state party president Mangal Pandey and others met the governor at the Raj Bhavan and submitted a memorandum to him, party sources said.
The BJP memorandum highlighted different cases of corruption, including 2G and Coalgate and pointed fingers at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance minister P Chidambaram.
It alleged that the Congress was `misusing` the JPC on coal scam to give clean chit to the Prime Minister and Chidambaram. The government had received stinging remark from Supreme Court for interfering in CBI report over Coalgate, it said.
The BJP memorandum also alleged attempt to protect the Prime Minister and Chidambaram in 2G case and demanded strict action against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Flipkart irks IIM Ahmedabad over delayed joining date, offers poor compensation for late joining
- Acting gives me a kick: Radhika Apte
- Beware! Artificial sweeteners may harm your health
- Modi government offers auction for 46 oil and gas fields through international bidding
- Consultation paper on internet telephony in a month: TRAI