Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi to attend Modi`s swearing-in
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi will attend Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony in Delhi Monday, officials said.
"Manjhi will attend Modi`s swearing-in ceremony as he has to raise the demand of special category status to Bihar," said an official of the chief minister`s office here.
Janata Dal-United president Sharad Yadav and former Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar Sunday decided not to attend the oath-taking ceremony.
Modi had earlier called Manjhi over phone and assured him of all support for the state`s development.
Meanwhile, JD-U general secretary and spokesperson K.C. Tyagi said he will attend the swearing-in ceremony as the "representative of JD-U".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say