Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi to attend Modi`s swearing-in
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi will attend Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony in Delhi Monday, officials said.
"Manjhi will attend Modi`s swearing-in ceremony as he has to raise the demand of special category status to Bihar," said an official of the chief minister`s office here.
Janata Dal-United president Sharad Yadav and former Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar Sunday decided not to attend the oath-taking ceremony.
Modi had earlier called Manjhi over phone and assured him of all support for the state`s development.
Meanwhile, JD-U general secretary and spokesperson K.C. Tyagi said he will attend the swearing-in ceremony as the "representative of JD-U".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16