Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi to attend Modi`s swearing-in
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi will attend Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony in Delhi Monday, officials said.
"Manjhi will attend Modi`s swearing-in ceremony as he has to raise the demand of special category status to Bihar," said an official of the chief minister`s office here.
Janata Dal-United president Sharad Yadav and former Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar Sunday decided not to attend the oath-taking ceremony.
Modi had earlier called Manjhi over phone and assured him of all support for the state`s development.
Meanwhile, JD-U general secretary and spokesperson K.C. Tyagi said he will attend the swearing-in ceremony as the "representative of JD-U".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'