Bihar CM Nitish Kumar makes fun of `tweeting` politicians
Patna: In an apparent dig at BJP leaders like Narendra Modi for using Twitter to score points, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said they were turning the sweet chirping of birds (dictionary meaning of twitter) into the jarring sounds of politics.
"The dictionary meaning of twitter is the chirping of birds which makes a man happy hearing them in the morning," Kumar told reporters emerging from his "Janata Ke Darbar mein Mukhya Mantri" programme.
"But some leaders through excessive tweeting have turned it into a jarring sound," he said.
"They seem to have no other work in a day than to make political statements for the media," the chief minister said ridiculing leaders using it as a political weapon.
"These persons are trying to monopolise even on twitter which otherwise mean sweet voice of birds that is very pleasant particularly in the morning hours," he said.
Kumar, however, did not name any politicians using twitter for making political statements.
Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP campaign committee chief Narendra Modi is among the politicians who use twitter.
Former Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has also resorted to twitter to make political reactions.
Kumar, who himself holds an engineering degree, said he believes in hard work in politics and not on such "tactics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends