Bihar CM Nitish Kumar makes fun of `tweeting` politicians
Patna: In an apparent dig at BJP leaders like Narendra Modi for using Twitter to score points, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said they were turning the sweet chirping of birds (dictionary meaning of twitter) into the jarring sounds of politics.
"The dictionary meaning of twitter is the chirping of birds which makes a man happy hearing them in the morning," Kumar told reporters emerging from his "Janata Ke Darbar mein Mukhya Mantri" programme.
"But some leaders through excessive tweeting have turned it into a jarring sound," he said.
"They seem to have no other work in a day than to make political statements for the media," the chief minister said ridiculing leaders using it as a political weapon.
"These persons are trying to monopolise even on twitter which otherwise mean sweet voice of birds that is very pleasant particularly in the morning hours," he said.
Kumar, however, did not name any politicians using twitter for making political statements.
Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP campaign committee chief Narendra Modi is among the politicians who use twitter.
Former Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has also resorted to twitter to make political reactions.
Kumar, who himself holds an engineering degree, said he believes in hard work in politics and not on such "tactics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional