Bihar CM Nitish Kumar makes fun of `tweeting` politicians
Patna: In an apparent dig at BJP leaders like Narendra Modi for using Twitter to score points, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said they were turning the sweet chirping of birds (dictionary meaning of twitter) into the jarring sounds of politics.
"The dictionary meaning of twitter is the chirping of birds which makes a man happy hearing them in the morning," Kumar told reporters emerging from his "Janata Ke Darbar mein Mukhya Mantri" programme.
"But some leaders through excessive tweeting have turned it into a jarring sound," he said.
"They seem to have no other work in a day than to make political statements for the media," the chief minister said ridiculing leaders using it as a political weapon.
"These persons are trying to monopolise even on twitter which otherwise mean sweet voice of birds that is very pleasant particularly in the morning hours," he said.
Kumar, however, did not name any politicians using twitter for making political statements.
Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP campaign committee chief Narendra Modi is among the politicians who use twitter.
Former Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has also resorted to twitter to make political reactions.
Kumar, who himself holds an engineering degree, said he believes in hard work in politics and not on such "tactics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?