Bihar CM Nitish Kumar pitches for Right to Recall
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday said he was, in principle, in favour of the Right to
recall elected representative of the people, but said a debate
was needed on the issue.
"Being a follower of Loknayak Jayaprakash Narayan, I
am, in principle, in favour of Right to Recall," Kumar told
reporters here while exchanging greeting with people on the
occasion of Chhath puja.
"But it will be better to have a debate over the
demand for Right to recall or Right to reject," he said.
On the demand of Gandhian Anna Hazare for bringing the
Lokpal bill in the forthcoming winter session of Parliament,
Kumar said, "There is a consensus both outside and inside
Parliament on the issue".
To another question, he said the state government had
decided to constitute State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) in
Bihar on the lines of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)
which would come in handy in intensification of rescue
operations at the time of natural disasters.
Kumar, who visited a number of ghats of Ganga to greet
people on the occasion of Chhath, also visited the Nakta Diara
Ghat and inspected the erosion taking place in the river in
He directed the irrigation department officials to
take steps in this connection.
The chief minister also congratulated a Motihari youth
for winning the total prize money of Rs five crore in the TV
programme Kaun Banega Crorepati, saying it reflected the
talents the state has.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know