Bihar distt issues circular on mentioning caste in exams
Muzaffarpur: The district administration here has issued a `controversial` circular making it mandatory for students appearing in annual exams in state-run primary and high schools to mention their caste in answer sheets, otherwise their results would be withheld.
The circular, issued by Bihar Education Project (BEP) officials in Muzaffarpur district, said it would be useful to tabulate the percentage of students belonging to a particular caste appearing in annual examinations from class I to VIII for `honest assessment`.
The circular was issued by BEP Programme Cordinator-cum-District Education Superintendent Arun Kumar and Primary Informal Education Coordinator Shankar Kumar through letter no. BEP/247 dated March 11, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'