Bihar distt issues circular on mentioning caste in exams
Muzaffarpur: The district administration here has issued a `controversial` circular making it mandatory for students appearing in annual exams in state-run primary and high schools to mention their caste in answer sheets, otherwise their results would be withheld.
The circular, issued by Bihar Education Project (BEP) officials in Muzaffarpur district, said it would be useful to tabulate the percentage of students belonging to a particular caste appearing in annual examinations from class I to VIII for `honest assessment`.
The circular was issued by BEP Programme Cordinator-cum-District Education Superintendent Arun Kumar and Primary Informal Education Coordinator Shankar Kumar through letter no. BEP/247 dated March 11, 2010.
- Chilling video: When 'Syrian forces' bombed Aleppo hospital
- Tracks clearing begins after Delhi-Faizabad Express derailment near Hapur; 40 trains diverted
- How to deactivate WhatsApp if your mobile is stolen or lost
- WATCH: Axar Patel performs Champion dance after dismissing Dwayne Bravo for 0
- Australian state Parliament evacuated over suspicious package