Bihar package: `Tottering` UPA govt trying to survive, says BJP
New Delhi: With the Centre reportedly preparing a special package to Bihar, BJP on Tuesday alleged UPA government was resorting to such tactics to survive as it is "on the verge of total collapse" and expressed confidence that its ally JD(U) will not go away from NDA because of this.
Accusing the UPA government of discriminating against states where BJP is in power, its spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy said Bihar deserves a package of Rs 68,000 crore as it is deprived of resources.
"Union government is in a critical state and is possibly playing the Bihar card," Rudy said at a press conference here.
"The Manmohan Singh government is tottering and is on the verge of a total collapse. Whatever efforts it may make, I don`t think it is going to survive for long," he said.
His comments came in the wake of government`s plans to give a special package to Bihar ruled by JD(U)-BJP combine.
Replying to questions, Rudy insisted if the government has any design of weaning away JD-U, it is not going to succeed.
"There is no reason to suspect JD-U...We will form the next government in New Delhi and Nitish Kumar will be with us," he said.
Asked if BJP fears Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar may walk out of NDA due to overtures from Congress, Rudy said the issue does not arise.
"In Bihar, there is a strong BJP-JD(U) government. We are preparing for the Lok Sabha elections... Irrespective of what the central government thinks, Bihar deserves (financial) support and it should not be based on politics," he said.
Kumar has kept BJP on the edge about his plans for 2014 polls.
At a public rally here over a week back, Kumar had pledged he would support whoever meets his demand for declaring Bihar as "backward" and gives a special package.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm