Bihar youth held for kidnapping, killing J&K child
Jammu: A youth was arrested from Sahibganj district of Jharkhand for alleged abduction and murder of a minor boy in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
The accused Rattan Kumar, who hailed from Bihar and a labour by profession, kidnapped two-and-half-year-old Rohit while he had gone with his mother to a market in the Ramnagar colony in the district on May 2, they said.
A complaint was registered by the victim`s mother Seema Devi soon after the incident.
Later, on May 5, the body of the boy was recovered from the bushes near Maggar Khad in Jagatpur area, they said.
The accused was arrested by a special investigation team, constituted in the case, on Friday from Sahibganj area in Jharkhand.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!