Bihar youth held for kidnapping, killing J&K child
Jammu: A youth was arrested from Sahibganj district of Jharkhand for alleged abduction and murder of a minor boy in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
The accused Rattan Kumar, who hailed from Bihar and a labour by profession, kidnapped two-and-half-year-old Rohit while he had gone with his mother to a market in the Ramnagar colony in the district on May 2, they said.
A complaint was registered by the victim`s mother Seema Devi soon after the incident.
Later, on May 5, the body of the boy was recovered from the bushes near Maggar Khad in Jagatpur area, they said.
The accused was arrested by a special investigation team, constituted in the case, on Friday from Sahibganj area in Jharkhand.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress