Bihar youth held for kidnapping, killing J&K child
Jammu: A youth was arrested from Sahibganj district of Jharkhand for alleged abduction and murder of a minor boy in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
The accused Rattan Kumar, who hailed from Bihar and a labour by profession, kidnapped two-and-half-year-old Rohit while he had gone with his mother to a market in the Ramnagar colony in the district on May 2, they said.
A complaint was registered by the victim`s mother Seema Devi soon after the incident.
Later, on May 5, the body of the boy was recovered from the bushes near Maggar Khad in Jagatpur area, they said.
The accused was arrested by a special investigation team, constituted in the case, on Friday from Sahibganj area in Jharkhand.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore