Bihar youth held for kidnapping, killing J&K child
Jammu: A youth was arrested from Sahibganj district of Jharkhand for alleged abduction and murder of a minor boy in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
The accused Rattan Kumar, who hailed from Bihar and a labour by profession, kidnapped two-and-half-year-old Rohit while he had gone with his mother to a market in the Ramnagar colony in the district on May 2, they said.
A complaint was registered by the victim`s mother Seema Devi soon after the incident.
Later, on May 5, the body of the boy was recovered from the bushes near Maggar Khad in Jagatpur area, they said.
The accused was arrested by a special investigation team, constituted in the case, on Friday from Sahibganj area in Jharkhand.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional