Bihar youth held for kidnapping, killing J&K child
Jammu: A youth was arrested from Sahibganj district of Jharkhand for alleged abduction and murder of a minor boy in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Sunday.
The accused Rattan Kumar, who hailed from Bihar and a labour by profession, kidnapped two-and-half-year-old Rohit while he had gone with his mother to a market in the Ramnagar colony in the district on May 2, they said.
A complaint was registered by the victim`s mother Seema Devi soon after the incident.
Later, on May 5, the body of the boy was recovered from the bushes near Maggar Khad in Jagatpur area, they said.
The accused was arrested by a special investigation team, constituted in the case, on Friday from Sahibganj area in Jharkhand.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan