Biharis shining, not Bihar: Rahul
Munger: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi has again disputed the claims of development under the NDA government in Bihar, and said it is Biharis who are shinning all over India rather, than Bihar.
Addressing a rally in Munger District, Gandhi said: "If Bihar has developed, why are Biharis still migrating in search of jobs. And why are people from other states not coming to Bihar to seek jobs?"
Alleging that the state had failed to achieve the desired targets under NREGA and other central schemes, Gandhi said: "Bihar needs a government, which cares for the ‘aam aadmi’ and sincerely implements schemes like MNREGA.”
"We want to build a longstanding relationship with the people of Bihar and lead them to progress and prosperity," he added.
He further said both Nitish Kumar and RJD president Lalu Prasad were equally responsible for the existing state of affairs in Bihar.
"Now, the time has come to free the state from the politics of caste and religion pursued by Lalu Prasad and Nitish and ensure all-round growth of Bihar," he said.
He further appealed to the youth to join politics as they can bring change in Bihar.
"The youth can bring change. Youngsters can bring change in Bihar. So you have to join politics and change Bihar, and talk about progress, talk about education," said Gandhi.
The fourth phase of the elections will take place on November 1 for 42 seats.
The state will elect a new 243-seat Assembly in a staggered month-long polling in six phases in which over 55 million electorates are expected to cast their franchise. Counting of votes will take place on November 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics