Bihar`s people want alliance with JD-U, says BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday said its alliance with the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) in Bihar was continuing in the interest of people of the state and any break in ties will ruin hopes of the electorate.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said the two parties were voted to power by the 10.5 crore people of the state and they wanted that a good government should continue.
"The alliance is continuing because people want it. BJP, which has formed NDA (National Democratic Alliance), wants that the alliance in Bihar should be strong. It is in the interest of Bihar," Hussain said.
He said the two parties had reduced the Congress and Rashtriya Janata Dal to the margins in the state.
"It we work together, we will continue to rule. Otherwise, it will ruin hopes of people of state," Hussain said.
Hussain`s remarks came in the wake of reports that sections in JD-U were not happy over elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as chief of the BJP`s campaign committee and view it as his de facto projection as the prime ministerial candidate of the party.
In Patna, several JD-U leaders indicated that their party has made up their mind to end the 17-year-old alliance and a formal announcement could come within the next two to three days.
Hussain, meanwhile, said that the voters in Bihar had given their mandate to the JD-U-BJP alliance.
"How can we go separate ways," he said and hoped the alliance will continue in the next elections also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery