Bihar`s people want alliance with JD-U, says BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday said its alliance with the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) in Bihar was continuing in the interest of people of the state and any break in ties will ruin hopes of the electorate.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said the two parties were voted to power by the 10.5 crore people of the state and they wanted that a good government should continue.
"The alliance is continuing because people want it. BJP, which has formed NDA (National Democratic Alliance), wants that the alliance in Bihar should be strong. It is in the interest of Bihar," Hussain said.
He said the two parties had reduced the Congress and Rashtriya Janata Dal to the margins in the state.
"It we work together, we will continue to rule. Otherwise, it will ruin hopes of people of state," Hussain said.
Hussain`s remarks came in the wake of reports that sections in JD-U were not happy over elevation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as chief of the BJP`s campaign committee and view it as his de facto projection as the prime ministerial candidate of the party.
In Patna, several JD-U leaders indicated that their party has made up their mind to end the 17-year-old alliance and a formal announcement could come within the next two to three days.
Hussain, meanwhile, said that the voters in Bihar had given their mandate to the JD-U-BJP alliance.
"How can we go separate ways," he said and hoped the alliance will continue in the next elections also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?