Bill Gates meets Akhilesh, discusses healthcare
Lucknow: Microsoft founder Bill Gates met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday and offered the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation`s support to help improve health services in the state.
It was decided that a memorandum of understanding (MOU) shall be signed within two months between the UP government and the Foundation, an official said.
The Foundation shall provide technical, management and programme design support in the maternal, neonatal and child health, vaccination and other health and agriculture related programmes.
The chief minister apprised the 56-year-old Gates about the efforts undertaken by his government to tackle the poor health indicators.
He also discussed with Gates the problems of vector borne diseases like tuberculosis and Japanese encephalitis in parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police