Bill Gates meets Akhilesh, discusses healthcare
Lucknow: Microsoft founder Bill Gates met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday and offered the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation`s support to help improve health services in the state.
It was decided that a memorandum of understanding (MOU) shall be signed within two months between the UP government and the Foundation, an official said.
The Foundation shall provide technical, management and programme design support in the maternal, neonatal and child health, vaccination and other health and agriculture related programmes.
The chief minister apprised the 56-year-old Gates about the efforts undertaken by his government to tackle the poor health indicators.
He also discussed with Gates the problems of vector borne diseases like tuberculosis and Japanese encephalitis in parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!