Bill Gates meets Akhilesh, discusses healthcare
Lucknow: Microsoft founder Bill Gates met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday and offered the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation`s support to help improve health services in the state.
It was decided that a memorandum of understanding (MOU) shall be signed within two months between the UP government and the Foundation, an official said.
The Foundation shall provide technical, management and programme design support in the maternal, neonatal and child health, vaccination and other health and agriculture related programmes.
The chief minister apprised the 56-year-old Gates about the efforts undertaken by his government to tackle the poor health indicators.
He also discussed with Gates the problems of vector borne diseases like tuberculosis and Japanese encephalitis in parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race