Bill Gates meets Akhilesh, discusses healthcare
Lucknow: Microsoft founder Bill Gates met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday and offered the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation`s support to help improve health services in the state.
It was decided that a memorandum of understanding (MOU) shall be signed within two months between the UP government and the Foundation, an official said.
The Foundation shall provide technical, management and programme design support in the maternal, neonatal and child health, vaccination and other health and agriculture related programmes.
The chief minister apprised the 56-year-old Gates about the efforts undertaken by his government to tackle the poor health indicators.
He also discussed with Gates the problems of vector borne diseases like tuberculosis and Japanese encephalitis in parts of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!