Bill Gates to meet UP CM Akhilesh
Lucknow: Microsoft founder Bill Gates will meet Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav here Wednesday to discuss healthcare in the state.
The 56-year-old Gates is likely discuss a host of healthcare programmes that the Bill and Melinda Foundation plans to take up in the state.
An advance team from Gate`s office has met senior officials in the state last week and done the ground work for the Gates-Akhilesh meeting.
Gates is likely to present a five-point programme that his foundation plans to unveil in UP to enhance healthcare in sectors like neo-natal care, maternity, nutrition, family planning and child health.
Under the schemes Gates proposes to suggest and fund include compulsory immunization, timely and extensive care of a would-be-mother and her nutrition.
Gates is also understood to be particularly interested in taking up drives like polio eradication and other vaccinations, which are in poor state in UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report