Bill in LS to modify SC list
New Delhi: A bill to modify the list of scheduled castes in Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Tripura and Sikkim was introduced in Lok Sabha on Monday.
The Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill 2012, introduced by Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Mukul Wasnik, seeks to modify the existing list of SCs in four states and omit one entry from the list of Sikkim.
The changes in the list were proposed by the five state governments and given concurrence by the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and the Registrar General of India, the Statement of Objects and Reasons said.
The Bill would amend two orders and give effect to the changes proposed, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site