Bill in LS to modify SC list
New Delhi: A bill to modify the list of scheduled castes in Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Tripura and Sikkim was introduced in Lok Sabha on Monday.
The Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill 2012, introduced by Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Mukul Wasnik, seeks to modify the existing list of SCs in four states and omit one entry from the list of Sikkim.
The changes in the list were proposed by the five state governments and given concurrence by the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and the Registrar General of India, the Statement of Objects and Reasons said.
The Bill would amend two orders and give effect to the changes proposed, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda