Bill in LS to modify SC list
New Delhi: A bill to modify the list of scheduled castes in Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Tripura and Sikkim was introduced in Lok Sabha on Monday.
The Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill 2012, introduced by Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Mukul Wasnik, seeks to modify the existing list of SCs in four states and omit one entry from the list of Sikkim.
The changes in the list were proposed by the five state governments and given concurrence by the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and the Registrar General of India, the Statement of Objects and Reasons said.
The Bill would amend two orders and give effect to the changes proposed, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'