Bill in LS to modify SC list
New Delhi: A bill to modify the list of scheduled castes in Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Tripura and Sikkim was introduced in Lok Sabha on Monday.
The Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill 2012, introduced by Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Mukul Wasnik, seeks to modify the existing list of SCs in four states and omit one entry from the list of Sikkim.
The changes in the list were proposed by the five state governments and given concurrence by the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and the Registrar General of India, the Statement of Objects and Reasons said.
The Bill would amend two orders and give effect to the changes proposed, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says