Bill in RS to check MMS on couples intimate moments
New Delhi: A Private Member`s bill seeking to
prevent misuse of private images and intimate moments of
couples through MMS to blackmail them, was among the 23 such
bills introduced in the Rajya Sabha on Friday.
The Right to Privacy Bill, 2010 moved by Rajeev
Chandrasekhar (Ind) seeks to provide "deterrent punishment" to
those trying to misuse digital technology for embarrass or
blackmail suspecting victims.
The Statement and Objects and reasons attached to the Bill
says recent Multi-media Messaging Service (MMS) episodes have
thrown up some important questions about the lacunae in
existing laws and threats of digital technology.
"Commercialisation of sex and easy availability of
internet has opened new vistas in pornography", it said,
adding that advancement of technology has made photography by
cell-phone cameras and videography by small equipment easy to
capture images secretly.
Another bill moved by Mahendra Mohan (SP) sought to define
offences relating to incest and sexual abuse in family and
prescribe special procedure for punishment for them.
Provision of financial compensation, monthly allowance and
facilities to dependents of citizens killed in Naxal violence
and those losing their property or crops in such incidents was
sought through another bill.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living