Bill in RS to check MMS on couples intimate moments
New Delhi: A Private Member`s bill seeking to
prevent misuse of private images and intimate moments of
couples through MMS to blackmail them, was among the 23 such
bills introduced in the Rajya Sabha on Friday.
The Right to Privacy Bill, 2010 moved by Rajeev
Chandrasekhar (Ind) seeks to provide "deterrent punishment" to
those trying to misuse digital technology for embarrass or
blackmail suspecting victims.
The Statement and Objects and reasons attached to the Bill
says recent Multi-media Messaging Service (MMS) episodes have
thrown up some important questions about the lacunae in
existing laws and threats of digital technology.
"Commercialisation of sex and easy availability of
internet has opened new vistas in pornography", it said,
adding that advancement of technology has made photography by
cell-phone cameras and videography by small equipment easy to
capture images secretly.
Another bill moved by Mahendra Mohan (SP) sought to define
offences relating to incest and sexual abuse in family and
prescribe special procedure for punishment for them.
Provision of financial compensation, monthly allowance and
facilities to dependents of citizens killed in Naxal violence
and those losing their property or crops in such incidents was
sought through another bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings