Bill to give more powers to RPF gets Parl nod
New Delhi: A bill to provide more powers to the Railway Protection Force (RPF) to check instances of theft in railways and prevent misuse of its vacant land was passed by Parliament on Tuesday.
The Railway Property (Unlawful Possession) Amendment Bill was passed by both the Houses earlier but was sent back to Rajya Sabha for passage as the Lower House had passed the Bill after substitution of two words.
The Bill was introduced in the Upper House today by Minister of State for Railways Bharatsinh Solanki.
While Rajya Sabha had cleared the Bill on December 22 last year, Lok Sabha did so on May 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader