Bill to give more powers to RPF gets Parl nod
New Delhi: A bill to provide more powers to the Railway Protection Force (RPF) to check instances of theft in railways and prevent misuse of its vacant land was passed by Parliament on Tuesday.
The Railway Property (Unlawful Possession) Amendment Bill was passed by both the Houses earlier but was sent back to Rajya Sabha for passage as the Lower House had passed the Bill after substitution of two words.
The Bill was introduced in the Upper House today by Minister of State for Railways Bharatsinh Solanki.
While Rajya Sabha had cleared the Bill on December 22 last year, Lok Sabha did so on May 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened