Bill to give more powers to RPF gets Parl nod
New Delhi: A bill to provide more powers to the Railway Protection Force (RPF) to check instances of theft in railways and prevent misuse of its vacant land was passed by Parliament on Tuesday.
The Railway Property (Unlawful Possession) Amendment Bill was passed by both the Houses earlier but was sent back to Rajya Sabha for passage as the Lower House had passed the Bill after substitution of two words.
The Bill was introduced in the Upper House today by Minister of State for Railways Bharatsinh Solanki.
While Rajya Sabha had cleared the Bill on December 22 last year, Lok Sabha did so on May 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show