Bill to give more powers to RPF gets Parl nod
New Delhi: A bill to provide more powers to the Railway Protection Force (RPF) to check instances of theft in railways and prevent misuse of its vacant land was passed by Parliament on Tuesday.
The Railway Property (Unlawful Possession) Amendment Bill was passed by both the Houses earlier but was sent back to Rajya Sabha for passage as the Lower House had passed the Bill after substitution of two words.
The Bill was introduced in the Upper House today by Minister of State for Railways Bharatsinh Solanki.
While Rajya Sabha had cleared the Bill on December 22 last year, Lok Sabha did so on May 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi