Bimal Julka new Information and Broadcasting Secretary
New Delhi: Indian Administrative Service officer Bimal Julka Monday took charge as the secretary, information and broadcasting ministry.
Prior to the appointment, Julka was special secretary and financial advisor in the ministry of external affairs.
A 1979 batch Indian Administrative Service officer, Julka has also served in the finance ministry, defence ministry and civil aviation ministry among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'