Bitti Mohanty case: Kerala police to quiz Odisha ex-DGP
Cuttack: A Kerala police team will arrive here on Friday to question former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, whose son Bittihotra jumped parole in 2006 in Rajasthan for raping a German tourist in Alwar.
The Kerala police team would also verify the educational documents of bank probationary officer Raghav Rajan, who has denied that he was Bittihotra, and who was arrested on March 8 from Alwar in that state for producing fake academic certificates.
Rajan possessed academic certificates which were issued by educational institutes in Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
Sources said, the Kerala police team would verify the documents with the Stewart School here and at KIIT University in Bhubaneswar.
The police claimed that the youth, who claimed to be from Andhra Pradesh, was none other than Bitihotra.
The senior Mohanty was unwilling to speak to media on the issue claiming that the matter was sub-judice.
The sources, quoting Mohanty, said that the Kerala police were in touch with the former DGP and have informed him about their arrival in Cuttack to question him.
In 2007 the Rajasthan police had come here thrice looking for the former DGP but he had given them the slip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened