Bitti Mohanty case: Kerala police to quiz Odisha ex-DGP
Cuttack: A Kerala police team will arrive here on Friday to question former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, whose son Bittihotra jumped parole in 2006 in Rajasthan for raping a German tourist in Alwar.
The Kerala police team would also verify the educational documents of bank probationary officer Raghav Rajan, who has denied that he was Bittihotra, and who was arrested on March 8 from Alwar in that state for producing fake academic certificates.
Rajan possessed academic certificates which were issued by educational institutes in Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
Sources said, the Kerala police team would verify the documents with the Stewart School here and at KIIT University in Bhubaneswar.
The police claimed that the youth, who claimed to be from Andhra Pradesh, was none other than Bitihotra.
The senior Mohanty was unwilling to speak to media on the issue claiming that the matter was sub-judice.
The sources, quoting Mohanty, said that the Kerala police were in touch with the former DGP and have informed him about their arrival in Cuttack to question him.
In 2007 the Rajasthan police had come here thrice looking for the former DGP but he had given them the slip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed