Bitti Mohanty case: Kerala police to quiz Odisha ex-DGP
Cuttack: A Kerala police team will arrive here on Friday to question former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, whose son Bittihotra jumped parole in 2006 in Rajasthan for raping a German tourist in Alwar.
The Kerala police team would also verify the educational documents of bank probationary officer Raghav Rajan, who has denied that he was Bittihotra, and who was arrested on March 8 from Alwar in that state for producing fake academic certificates.
Rajan possessed academic certificates which were issued by educational institutes in Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
Sources said, the Kerala police team would verify the documents with the Stewart School here and at KIIT University in Bhubaneswar.
The police claimed that the youth, who claimed to be from Andhra Pradesh, was none other than Bitihotra.
The senior Mohanty was unwilling to speak to media on the issue claiming that the matter was sub-judice.
The sources, quoting Mohanty, said that the Kerala police were in touch with the former DGP and have informed him about their arrival in Cuttack to question him.
In 2007 the Rajasthan police had come here thrice looking for the former DGP but he had given them the slip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report