Bitti Mohanty to be taken to Rajasthan tomorrow
Kannur: Bitti Mohanty, who jumped parole after his conviction for raping a German woman in 2006 and is currently lodged in a Kerala jail following his arrest, will be taken to Rajasthan Tuesday, police said Monday.
The son of a former top police officer, Bitti will be taken to Rajasthan for questioning in a case of impersonation registered against him, a police official said.
The official added that later in the day police will request the court, which remanded Bitty to two weeks of judicial custody Saturday, to grant them his custody.
"We have drawn up three separate police teams to travel to Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha. Bitty will be first taken to Rajasthan where he jumped parole in 2006. If need be, he will be taken to the other two states," said the official, who did not wish to be identified.
The police team taking Bitti to Rajasthan is expected to travel by train as they could not get a connecting flight from Mangalore airport.
Bitti is the son of BB Mohanty, a former director general of police in Odisha. He was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment in 2006 for raping a 26-year-old German woman in Alwar. He jumped parole the same year and had been on the run ever since.
In Kerala, Bitti was picked up by police Friday after the State Bank of Travancore, where he had been working as a probationary officer, raised doubts about his identity.
He secured the job using the name Raghav Raj and had documents that showed he hails from Andhra Pradesh.
Police said that Bitti has been identified, but his identity should be proven scientifically in the court, and for that Bitti and his father are likely to undergo a DNA test.
B.B. Mohanty was accused of aiding his son`s escape and was suspended but later reinstated. He retired in 2012.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing