Bitti Mohanty to be taken to Rajasthan tomorrow
Kannur: Bitti Mohanty, who jumped parole after his conviction for raping a German woman in 2006 and is currently lodged in a Kerala jail following his arrest, will be taken to Rajasthan Tuesday, police said Monday.
The son of a former top police officer, Bitti will be taken to Rajasthan for questioning in a case of impersonation registered against him, a police official said.
The official added that later in the day police will request the court, which remanded Bitty to two weeks of judicial custody Saturday, to grant them his custody.
"We have drawn up three separate police teams to travel to Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha. Bitty will be first taken to Rajasthan where he jumped parole in 2006. If need be, he will be taken to the other two states," said the official, who did not wish to be identified.
The police team taking Bitti to Rajasthan is expected to travel by train as they could not get a connecting flight from Mangalore airport.
Bitti is the son of BB Mohanty, a former director general of police in Odisha. He was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment in 2006 for raping a 26-year-old German woman in Alwar. He jumped parole the same year and had been on the run ever since.
In Kerala, Bitti was picked up by police Friday after the State Bank of Travancore, where he had been working as a probationary officer, raised doubts about his identity.
He secured the job using the name Raghav Raj and had documents that showed he hails from Andhra Pradesh.
Police said that Bitti has been identified, but his identity should be proven scientifically in the court, and for that Bitti and his father are likely to undergo a DNA test.
B.B. Mohanty was accused of aiding his son`s escape and was suspended but later reinstated. He retired in 2012.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire