Bitti Mohanty`s father quizzed by Kerala police
Cuttack: Former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty was on Saturday quizzed by a special investigative team (SIT) of the Kerala police probing impersonation and forgery charges against his German rape case convict son Bitihotra Mohanty.
Before questioning the retired IPS officer, the four-member Kerala police SIT met the present Director General of Police Prakash Mishra at the state police headquarters here and apprised him of the case following the arrest of a man Raghav Rajan at Kannur who police claimed was Bitihotra alias Bitti, the Odisha police said.
Instead of questioning Mohanty at his residence, the Kerala police team asked him to come to the office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) here for interrogation.
The investigating team was seeking clarification whether Mohanty was aware about Bitihotra`s stay at Kannur in Kerala before his arrest on March 08, the police said.
The Kerala team, which yesterday visited three educational institutions in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack where Bitihotra studied during his school and college days, have come to the conclusion that the certificates produced in the name of Raghav Rajan are forged.
The certificates bearing same number have been forged and the name Raghav Rajan has been inserted in place of Bitihotra. The private university, college and school authorities have also informed the visiting police team that they never had any student in the name of Raghav Rajan.
Bitihotra, convicted for raping a German woman, had allegedly forged his certificates and worked as a probationary officer using the name Raghav Rajan at a public sector bank at Kannur in Kerala before being arrested.
Though police claimed that the person arrested was in fact Bitihotra, who had jumped parole in December 2006 from Alwar jail in Rajasthan, the person concerned denied it claiming that he was Raghav Rajan, a son of Rajiv Rajan of Andhra Pradesh.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list