Bitti Mohanty`s identity verified in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The identity of German woman rape case convict Bitti Mohanty was on Friday established after Kerala Police matched his finger prints and examined records.
A five-member team of Kerala Police matched his finger prints in Jaipur jail today, said Jaipur police commissioner B L Soni.
"The team collected evidence and matched his finger prints which verified that the person in their custody is Bitti Mohanty," Soni said.
The team of Kerala Police, which arrived in Alwar yesterday and came here today, will go back to Kunnur tomorrow, the officer said.
The team had examined records in Rajasthan`s Alwar jail which also established Bitti`s identity.
"Those who were in the investigating team of the rape case in Alwar also identified Mohanti," the commissioner said.
The team came here today and after a brief halt at Transport Nagar Police Station, they went to Jaipur central jail where they were accompanied by three policemen from Jaipur, he said.
"Presently, the Kerala Police is probing its case and will go back to their state tomorrow with Mohanty. When their course of investigation is over, they will hand over him to us," he said.
Bitti was arrested in Kerala on March 8 on a complaint by a bank following an anonymous letter to the bank stating that the probationary officer working as Raghav Rajan was the convicted son of the former Odisha Director General of Police B B Mohanty.
He was arrested on charges of impersonation, forgery and cheating in Kunnur district.
Bitty had been hiding from the law ever since he jumped parole in 2006 from Alwar jail in Rajasthan.
He was convicted by a local court in Alwar for raping his German friend in 2006 and was released in November 2006 on parole from Jaipur to meet his ailing mother at Cuttack, Odisha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!