Bitty Mohanty`s remand extended
Kannur (Ker): The judicial remand of Bitti Mohanty, convict in the rape of a German woman in Alwar, was today extended by 14 days by a court here.
Police produced Bitti before the court today on expiry of his 10-day custody during which they took him to Rajasthan for evidence gathering. The police team had returned on March 18 after investigations there.
Police said they had collected all details regarding Bitti, who was working as `Raghav Rajan` in a public sector bank here after jumping parole in 2006 while serving a seven-year sentence in Jaipur jail for raping the German woman.
The state police has charged a case of impersonation, cheating and forgery against Bitty.
Bitti was today taken to the bank where he worked, the Chinmaya Institute of Technology here where he did his MBA using forged certificates and the places he stayed here.
Police said they would again file a plea in the court tomorrow for further custody of Bitty as they planned to take him to Odisha for taking further evidence to confirm his identity.
A police team which went to Odisha last week had questioned Bitty`s father and former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, who identified his son through the photographs shown to him.
Another team which went to Puttaparthi in Andhra Pradesh had also collected evidences of forgery from the documents they got from the flat where Bitti was staying before he moved in to Kerala.
After fleeing jail in Rajasthan, Bitti had spent a few months in Puttaparthi, where he was alleged to have forged documents using which he enrolled as student in a private institution in Kannur and later obtained the bank job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown