Bizarre RTI query: What is IQ level of Gandhi?
New Delhi: What is the Intelligent Quotient of Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi?
This bizarre question came up by way of a RTI query before the Central Information Commission which promptly dismissed his plea with an observation that seeking such kind of details is surely "stretching the limits" of the Right to Information Act a "bit too far."
The applicant, a resident of Ahmedabad, had sought information about Mahatma Gandhi, some of the former Presidents of India and other Ministers asking for their correct date and time of birth, their blood group and above all their IQ.
But, the Central Public Information Officer had informed him that the desired information was not available with the President`s Secretariat leading the applicant to go in for an appeal.
While dismissing his appeal before him, Central Information Commissioner Satyananda?Mishra noted that "seeking the information about the IQ of the Ministers or the former Presidents is surely stretching the limits of the Right to Information Act, a bit to far."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview