BJP accuses Centre, Congress of propping Maoists
New Delhi: The BJP today accused Congress
president Sonia Gandhi, her party leaders and the Centre of
being directly responsible for the rise in Maoist menace in
Bihar with their "pro-Naxal statements".
"Naxalites have become audacious in Bihar. The Centre,
Sonia Gandhi and her party leaders are directly
responsible for it. By their pro-Naxal statements, they have
boosted the morale of Maoists," BJP spokesperson Tarun Vijay
charged at a press conference here.
He alleged that Gandhi, her party leaders like
Digvijay Singh and Mani Shankar Aiyar are responsible for
weakening "the fight of (Bihar Chief Minister) Nitish Kumar
against Maoists" in the state.
Vijay said it was unfortunate that Gandhi had not
expressed any sympathy to the family of the policeman killed
by the Maoist nor had she condemned the attack.
"It is surprising that instead of standing by the
brave policemen, she is busy in the celebrations of her
coronation. How does it matter that she has become president
of a family set up of Congress for the fourth time or 24th
time?...we condemn this silence (of Gandhi)," he said.
BJP asked the Centre to immediately initiate action to
free the three remaining policemen held hostage by the Maoists
since last Sunday.
"Free the abducted policemen from the clutches of
Maoists and for this if they (Centre and Bihar government)need
to take help of army, they must do it," he said.
Describing Maoists as "terrorists", he said, "they are
anti-national and anti-people."
On the allegation that the Bihar Chief Minister was
soft on Maoists while the JD(U) ally, BJP, wants strict action
against them, he said, "I have mentioned the stand of BJP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days