BJP accuses Centre of making u-turn on Telangana
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday accused the Centre
of making a u-turn on the Telangana issue, saying political
parties were not divided on the formation of a separate state.
BJP spokesman Prakash Javedakar said his party is "very
clear" on the issue of Telangana and still supports the
creation of a separate state.
"The government has made a u-turn. There is no divide
among political parties. My party is not divided and we are
very clear that the state of Telangana should be formed," he
He also accused the UPA of announcing that it would
initiate steps to form a Telangana state without doing "proper
"The government did not do proper homework before coming
out with the announcement. Now, they are blaming other
parties. The announcement will create problems in the
country," he said.
"The Centre is adding fuel to the fire," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!