BJP accuses Congress leadership, government for growth slowdown
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday alleged that the top Congress leadership and the Manmohan Singh government were responsible for slow economic growth, failure to check terrorism, vote bank politics and decline of constitutional institutions.
Moving the political resolution at the BJP National Council Meet here, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said Congress decided not to announce its Prime Ministerial candidate as it realised that it is going to lose the forthcoming general elections.
She slammed Rahul Gandhi on a host of issues, including his charge that the main opposition did not cooperate in passage of crucial bills.
"We have declared our Prime Ministerial candidate but the Congress has run away from doing so. The reason the party has given for this is not plausible.
Sonia Gandhi said Congress has a tradition of not declaring its prime ministerial candidate. This was just an alibi," Swaraj said.
The party`s resolution contended that Rahul is no match for Modi in public rating. "Congress knew that they cannot fight BJP and Modi politically with Rahul Gandhi as the PM candidate. A certain defeat is inevitable whenever election is held therefore they took the exit route of not declaring the PM candidate at all."
BJP accused Rahul of being equally responsible for all the ills and suffering in the country as the government worked under his control as well.
The resolution made a comparison between the growth figures of the erstwhile NDA regime and the present Manmohan Singh government and alleged that the latter has literally destroyed India`s growth story.
A slew of scams running into lakhs of crores has dented India`s image, BJP said, underlining that it is committed to take all requisite steps to check this.
The main opposition also attacked the government for undermining constitutional institutions like CAG, CVC and JPC on 2G spectrum scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday