BJP accuses govt of having casual approach on terror
New Delhi: Accusing the government of having a casual approach on the issue of terror, BJP on Friday said it "failed" to take effective steps to prevent blasts in Hyderabad.
"The government`s response is not adequate to the burning issue of terrorism. Government is taking it in a casual and usual manner," BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told reporters outside Parliament.
"This is a very serious issue. Series of bomb blasts are happening and especially in Hyderabad and the government is unable to take any effective step. Information in received that National Investigation Agency had mentioned Hyderabad, Bangalore, Maharashtra and other areas where there is possibility of such blasts," he said.
The BJP leader said NIA had given this information two days ago which was confirmed by Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde himself.
"It is a serious issue and the government is not prepared to discuss the issue. We want MPs to express their views and then Home Minister should give his statement."
Criticising Shinde for going to to Hyderabad today, Naidu said, "The Home Minister should have gone to Hyderabad yesterday itself after the incident and should have come back in the morning today. Government is ignoring Parliament."
The BJP leader charged, "The Home Minister is changing his stand very often. First he said there were intelligence reports on possible terror attack and later said there were no specific inputs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest