BJP activists protest against Nirupam`s remarks against Smriti Irani
Mumbai: BJP workers on Friday staged a protest against Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam for his reported derogatory remarks against TV actor and BJP member Smriti Irani.
Activists of BJP`s youth and women`s wings took out a morcha and demanded an apology from Nirupam for his remarks against Irani, who is also a Member of Parliament.
Around 300 BJP cadres participated in the procession which concluded at Nirupam`s office in suburban Borivili.
Nirupam made an irresponsible statement at a time when crimes against women are rising and there is anger among people, a BJP functionary said.
He made the controversial remarks yesterday during a debate on a news channel on the Gujarat Assembly election results. The Congress MP questioned the credentials of Irani to analyse poll results given her background as a TV actress.
He reportedly said "till some time ago you were dancing on the TV screens and now you have become a psephologist."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight