BJP activists protest against Nirupam`s remarks against Smriti Irani
Mumbai: BJP workers on Friday staged a protest against Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam for his reported derogatory remarks against TV actor and BJP member Smriti Irani.
Activists of BJP`s youth and women`s wings took out a morcha and demanded an apology from Nirupam for his remarks against Irani, who is also a Member of Parliament.
Around 300 BJP cadres participated in the procession which concluded at Nirupam`s office in suburban Borivili.
Nirupam made an irresponsible statement at a time when crimes against women are rising and there is anger among people, a BJP functionary said.
He made the controversial remarks yesterday during a debate on a news channel on the Gujarat Assembly election results. The Congress MP questioned the credentials of Irani to analyse poll results given her background as a TV actress.
He reportedly said "till some time ago you were dancing on the TV screens and now you have become a psephologist."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt