BJP alleges coal questions removed from Parliament web site
Jaipur: Alleging that all questions related to coal department have been removed from Parliament website, BJP on Sunday accused Congress of trying to hide the truth about the "coal scam" said said it will lodge a complaint with Rajya Sabha Chairman.
"Congress party is now trying to hide the truth about coal scam and have removed all questions related to coal department from Parliament website, this shows their mindset," party`s national spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The BJP MP said that he will lodge a complaint with Rajya Sabha Chairman, claiming that the questions in which the government had admitted that the steel and power plants for which the coal blocks were allocated had not started production were removed from the web site.
"The BJP was determined to take the issue to streets across the nation and tell people that how Congress party was involved in scams," Javadekar said.
Justifying the stalling of proceedings of Parliament over coal block allocation issue, he said the BJP will not withdraw its demand of resignation of Prime Minister.
"We are not allowing Parliament to function over the issue of coal block allocation because this is a ‘movement’ in public interest. We were adamant and parliament did not function for 17 days over the issue of 2G spectrum scam last year and the outcome was in the favour of the country," he said.
"We are firm on our demand that PM should resign over this issue because he is directly responsible for the corruption. It is also important for impartial probe in the scam," he said.
He alleged that the government tried to shift the blame of chief ministers of BJP ruled states to save its face and demanded that the government disclose the letters from all the chief ministers.
"It was the Congress which delayed the policy for coal block allocation so that it can make undertable deals to allot blocks as per its wish, but the things are open now," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you