BJP alleges Congress of deleting/adding names of voters
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh has charged the ruling Congress government with adopting unfair means to add or delete the names of voters from the electoral rolls for the ensuing panchayat and municipal elections slated to be held on May 16.
The party in a statement today said that the government in power was indulging in various means to compel the administration to add or delete the names of voters, which it said would invite serious law and order problem in the state capital.
"Even after announcement of elections, the final compiling of electoral rolls are still going on with mass transfers of voters to other municipal wards where the voters residence do not fall, is a conspiracy of deprivation of democratic rights of the families, which needs proper attention," the party said and threatened to launch democratic movement if the anomalies were not corrected immediately.
The party urged upon the Itanagar Municipality Electoral Registration authorities to stop the ongoing selective mass voters transfer from one municipality ward to another simply based on forged electricity bills which it said was gross violation of democratic norms and practices.
State BJP President Tai Tagak urged the state election commission to use face recognition software or Google Picasa to detect duplicity of voters while finalizing electoral rolls.
Tagak also asked the election commission to ensure deployment of adequate para- military forces during the municipality elections considering the prevailing law and order situation of the state capital and its nearby areas for ensuring free and fair elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan