BJP alleges PMO favoured Sahay on coal blocks allotment
New Delhi: Firing a fresh salvo on the coal blocks allocation issue, BJP on Tuesday alleged that Prime Minister`s Office had favoured Union Minister Subodh Kant Sahay by allotting two coal blocks on his request to a company.
BJP produced a letter purportedly written by Sahay, who is Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Food Processing Industries, on February 5, 2008 requesting Prime Minister Singh seeking his "personal intervention" in an application for two coal blocks.
"I would like to bring to your kind notice that M/s SKS Ispat and Power Limited have applied for two coal blocks for their steel plants in the state of Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand... I shall be grateful for your personal intervention in this matter," Sahay states in his letter.
In its response, PMO wrote to Secretary, Ministry of Coal to take "appropriate action" on Sahay`s plea, the BJP claimed.
"Please find enclosed for action as appropriate a copy of a letter dates 5/2/07 submitted to the Prime Minister by Subodh Kant Sahai...... Along with a note regarding allotment of two coal blocks to M/s SKS Ispat and Power Limited for their steel plants in Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand," the purported letter from PMO to Secretary, Coal, said.
While BJP claimed the two coal blocks were alloted just a day after (February 6, 2008) Sahay wrote the letter to the PM, the date mentioned in the PMO letter`s text is February 5, 2007, as quoted above.
BJP alleged that no mining has been done in the two coal blocks alloted to Sahay.
The party dared the Congress to prove that the letters by Sahay and the PMO are fake.
There was a "black gold (coal) rush" during UPA regime and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was "eager" to oblige, BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, demanding cancellation of all 142 coal blocks alloted during UPA rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers