BJP alliance with INLD broke over seat-sharing: Rajnath
New Delhi: BJP on Monday said differences over
seat-sharing led to the breaking of alliance with INLD in
"I had said that there should be one round of talks
(between BJP and INLD) on seats... This situation must have
arisen over seat sharing. I have received the information that
they (BJP unit in Haryana) said this alliance cannot go on. So
it must have broken over this (seat sharing)," BJP chief
Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
The BJP-INLD alliance had faced a drubbing in the recent
Lok Sabha elections when it did not win any of the 10 seats
in the state.
Ironically, one of the issues emphasised by the BJP
during its recent Chintan Baithak in Shimla was strengthening
of alliances with NDA partners and winning over new allies.
But with the breaking up of this alliance the infighting
within the BJP over fixing of responsibility for the Lok Sabha
poll defeat now seems to have spilled over to the NDA.
Seat sharing no issue: INLD
Dumped by its ally, the
Indian National Lok Dal, which has witnessed its worst
electoral debacles in recent times, today said it was
unilateral action by BJP and seat sharing was not an issue.
"There has been no problem from our side.... seat
sharing is not an issue," INLD`s secretary general and Rajya
Sabha MP Ajay Chautala said, adding BJP had taken a unilateral
decision of snapping ties with it.
"The party is fully prepared to record its win," INLD
Haryana unit president Ashok Arora said. A meeting of the
Paty`s Political Affairs Committee (PAC) will be held on
August 27 to decide the future course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read