BJP appeals for success of Bharat Bandh on Sep 20
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday appealed to the public to make Bharat Bandh, called on September 20 by opposition parties in protest against the Centre`s recent decisions on diesel prices and cooking gas, a success.
"We appeal to all the traders, transporters and public to make bandh successful on September 20 to protest against the hike of diesel and new policy of LPG," BJP state president, Shamsher Singh Manhas, said here.
NDA has called the bandh against the recent steep hike in the prices of diesel, the cap on cooking gas and opening up the retail sector to foreign companies under FDI, he said.
The Congress-led UPA government has been taking one decision after the other which has hit people across the country, making their lives "miserable," he claimed.
The Bharat Bandh will deliver a "clear message" to the Union government that the people of the country cannot be taken for granted any more, he said, while asking other political parties to also register their protest on the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!