BJP appeals for success of Bharat Bandh on Sep 20
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday appealed to the public to make Bharat Bandh, called on September 20 by opposition parties in protest against the Centre`s recent decisions on diesel prices and cooking gas, a success.
"We appeal to all the traders, transporters and public to make bandh successful on September 20 to protest against the hike of diesel and new policy of LPG," BJP state president, Shamsher Singh Manhas, said here.
NDA has called the bandh against the recent steep hike in the prices of diesel, the cap on cooking gas and opening up the retail sector to foreign companies under FDI, he said.
The Congress-led UPA government has been taking one decision after the other which has hit people across the country, making their lives "miserable," he claimed.
The Bharat Bandh will deliver a "clear message" to the Union government that the people of the country cannot be taken for granted any more, he said, while asking other political parties to also register their protest on the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'