BJP appeals for success of Bharat Bandh on Sep 20
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday appealed to the public to make Bharat Bandh, called on September 20 by opposition parties in protest against the Centre`s recent decisions on diesel prices and cooking gas, a success.
"We appeal to all the traders, transporters and public to make bandh successful on September 20 to protest against the hike of diesel and new policy of LPG," BJP state president, Shamsher Singh Manhas, said here.
NDA has called the bandh against the recent steep hike in the prices of diesel, the cap on cooking gas and opening up the retail sector to foreign companies under FDI, he said.
The Congress-led UPA government has been taking one decision after the other which has hit people across the country, making their lives "miserable," he claimed.
The Bharat Bandh will deliver a "clear message" to the Union government that the people of the country cannot be taken for granted any more, he said, while asking other political parties to also register their protest on the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!