BJP appeals for success of Bharat Bandh on Sep 20
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday appealed to the public to make Bharat Bandh, called on September 20 by opposition parties in protest against the Centre`s recent decisions on diesel prices and cooking gas, a success.
"We appeal to all the traders, transporters and public to make bandh successful on September 20 to protest against the hike of diesel and new policy of LPG," BJP state president, Shamsher Singh Manhas, said here.
NDA has called the bandh against the recent steep hike in the prices of diesel, the cap on cooking gas and opening up the retail sector to foreign companies under FDI, he said.
The Congress-led UPA government has been taking one decision after the other which has hit people across the country, making their lives "miserable," he claimed.
The Bharat Bandh will deliver a "clear message" to the Union government that the people of the country cannot be taken for granted any more, he said, while asking other political parties to also register their protest on the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees