BJP appeals for success of Bharat Bandh on Sep 20
Jammu: BJP on Tuesday appealed to the public to make Bharat Bandh, called on September 20 by opposition parties in protest against the Centre`s recent decisions on diesel prices and cooking gas, a success.
"We appeal to all the traders, transporters and public to make bandh successful on September 20 to protest against the hike of diesel and new policy of LPG," BJP state president, Shamsher Singh Manhas, said here.
NDA has called the bandh against the recent steep hike in the prices of diesel, the cap on cooking gas and opening up the retail sector to foreign companies under FDI, he said.
The Congress-led UPA government has been taking one decision after the other which has hit people across the country, making their lives "miserable," he claimed.
The Bharat Bandh will deliver a "clear message" to the Union government that the people of the country cannot be taken for granted any more, he said, while asking other political parties to also register their protest on the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory