BJP appeals to traders to support Bharat Bandh
New Delhi: As part of the Opposition`s `Bharat Bandh` call on September 20 against increase in diesel price and FDI in retail sector, BJP president Nitin Gadkari and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav will address traders at Karol Bagh, the business hub in the national capital.
Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta told a press conference here today that Gadkari, Yadav and senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will address a public meeting of traders at Karol Bagh.
"Anti-Indian foreign powers and multi-national companies are eyeing the pockets of about 120 crore citizens of the country. They want to grab the entire retail trade which is of USD 450 billion at present. This will adversely affect 15 crore people of the country," he said.
Gupta and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly VK Malhotra appealed to all the industrialists, traders, daily wage earners to express their anger against FDI, increase in the prices of cooking gas, diesel and power tariff by closing their business.
On this day BJP will burnt the effigies of Government at 100 prominent places of the capital, they said.
"The Government should either withdraw its decision or resign," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona
- Nashik farmer gets 5 paise per kg for onions!
- China faces 1-year ban from weightlifting over doping