BJP appeals to traders to support Bharat Bandh
New Delhi: As part of the Opposition`s `Bharat Bandh` call on September 20 against increase in diesel price and FDI in retail sector, BJP president Nitin Gadkari and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav will address traders at Karol Bagh, the business hub in the national capital.
Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta told a press conference here today that Gadkari, Yadav and senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will address a public meeting of traders at Karol Bagh.
"Anti-Indian foreign powers and multi-national companies are eyeing the pockets of about 120 crore citizens of the country. They want to grab the entire retail trade which is of USD 450 billion at present. This will adversely affect 15 crore people of the country," he said.
Gupta and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly VK Malhotra appealed to all the industrialists, traders, daily wage earners to express their anger against FDI, increase in the prices of cooking gas, diesel and power tariff by closing their business.
On this day BJP will burnt the effigies of Government at 100 prominent places of the capital, they said.
"The Government should either withdraw its decision or resign," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug