BJP appeals to traders to support Bharat Bandh
New Delhi: As part of the Opposition`s `Bharat Bandh` call on September 20 against increase in diesel price and FDI in retail sector, BJP president Nitin Gadkari and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav will address traders at Karol Bagh, the business hub in the national capital.
Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta told a press conference here today that Gadkari, Yadav and senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will address a public meeting of traders at Karol Bagh.
"Anti-Indian foreign powers and multi-national companies are eyeing the pockets of about 120 crore citizens of the country. They want to grab the entire retail trade which is of USD 450 billion at present. This will adversely affect 15 crore people of the country," he said.
Gupta and Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly VK Malhotra appealed to all the industrialists, traders, daily wage earners to express their anger against FDI, increase in the prices of cooking gas, diesel and power tariff by closing their business.
On this day BJP will burnt the effigies of Government at 100 prominent places of the capital, they said.
"The Government should either withdraw its decision or resign," Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees