BJP approaches EC over Kejriwal`s allegations against Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP on Saturday lodged a complaint with the Election Commission against AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for his statement that Narendra Modi won three Assembly elections in Gujarat either by "buying out" or "killing" his opponents.
State BJP chief R C Faldu lodged the complaint, saying the allegation that Gujarat Chief Minister Modi `kills his opponents` was outrageous and "unparliamentary".
The complaint said that making such allegations is a criminal offence under the Indian Penal Code.
"It also violates Representation of the People Act and the model code of conduct," Faldu said in the complaint.
Kejriwal`s allegations were baseless and made with the motive to target a person before the elections, it said.
BJP also submitted an audio CD of Kejriwal`s speech with the complaint.
Meanwhile, during the AAP rally in Ahmedabad today, Kejriwal repeated the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video