BJP asks centre to lobby for Nobel prize for Mahakumbh
Dehra Dun: The ruling BJP in Uttarakhand has asked the Centre to launch a vigorous campaign for Nobel Peace prize to be given to the Mahakumbh Mela this year, a demand ridiculed by the Congress.
"This is not only historic but also unique that such a large number of people from all parts of the world came to Haridwar for Mahakumbh. We strongly believe that the Mahakumbh, which is a national festival, must be given this year`s Nobel peace prize," BJP state president Bishan Singh Chufal said.
Chufal supported Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank`s view, who recently said Mahakumbh Mela deserves a Nobel prize for being world`s largest religious gathering that attracted more than five crore people from 140 countries.
However, Congress ridiculed the demand for Nobel prize saying there were incidents like stamped
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state