BJP asks centre to lobby for Nobel prize for Mahakumbh
Dehra Dun: The ruling BJP in Uttarakhand has asked the Centre to launch a vigorous campaign for Nobel Peace prize to be given to the Mahakumbh Mela this year, a demand ridiculed by the Congress.
"This is not only historic but also unique that such a large number of people from all parts of the world came to Haridwar for Mahakumbh. We strongly believe that the Mahakumbh, which is a national festival, must be given this year`s Nobel peace prize," BJP state president Bishan Singh Chufal said.
Chufal supported Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank`s view, who recently said Mahakumbh Mela deserves a Nobel prize for being world`s largest religious gathering that attracted more than five crore people from 140 countries.
However, Congress ridiculed the demand for Nobel prize saying there were incidents like stamped
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city