BJP asks centre to lobby for Nobel prize for Mahakumbh
Dehra Dun: The ruling BJP in Uttarakhand has asked the Centre to launch a vigorous campaign for Nobel Peace prize to be given to the Mahakumbh Mela this year, a demand ridiculed by the Congress.
"This is not only historic but also unique that such a large number of people from all parts of the world came to Haridwar for Mahakumbh. We strongly believe that the Mahakumbh, which is a national festival, must be given this year`s Nobel peace prize," BJP state president Bishan Singh Chufal said.
Chufal supported Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank`s view, who recently said Mahakumbh Mela deserves a Nobel prize for being world`s largest religious gathering that attracted more than five crore people from 140 countries.
However, Congress ridiculed the demand for Nobel prize saying there were incidents like stamped
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users