BJP asks centre to lobby for Nobel prize for Mahakumbh
Dehra Dun: The ruling BJP in Uttarakhand has asked the Centre to launch a vigorous campaign for Nobel Peace prize to be given to the Mahakumbh Mela this year, a demand ridiculed by the Congress.
"This is not only historic but also unique that such a large number of people from all parts of the world came to Haridwar for Mahakumbh. We strongly believe that the Mahakumbh, which is a national festival, must be given this year`s Nobel peace prize," BJP state president Bishan Singh Chufal said.
Chufal supported Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank`s view, who recently said Mahakumbh Mela deserves a Nobel prize for being world`s largest religious gathering that attracted more than five crore people from 140 countries.
However, Congress ridiculed the demand for Nobel prize saying there were incidents like stamped
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Shocking! Huge fire engulfs two coaches of Jaisalmer-Delhi Intercity Express
- Huma Qureshi-Vidyut Jammwal's Gold Glare Selfie! See pic
- Arvind Kejriwal wishes his once arch political rival Kiran Bedi on her elevation as Puducherry Guv
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video