BJP asks Congress to come clear on probe into scams
New Delhi: With the Congress holding its conclave at Surajkund, BJP on Friday asked the ruling party to come clear on the progress made in the investigations into scams including Commonwealth Games projects, Coal and 2G spectrum allocations as well as on issues like price rise.
"The country wants to know how the Congress is going ahead with the inquiries into scams like CWG, how they are trying to cover-up the coal scam and 2G spectrum allocations. The government is not ready for an impartial probe into the coal block allocations and is instead cancelling blocks alloted to PSUs," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The Centre has cancelled the allocation of Bhatgaon coal block to the Chhattisgarh government. BJP President Nitin Gadkari`s close associate and party Rajya Sabha MP Ajay Sancheti has a stake in the allocation.
BJP sought to know whether Congress will deliberate on the scams in the UPA government in its on-going conclave.
BJP also posed questions to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the coal block scam.
"If a lower-level signatory to the CWG documents is responsible in that scam then why is the final signatory (PM) in the coal scam not responsible. There has been monumental massive corruption," Javadekar said, attacking the PM.
BJP also alleged that the government is not dealing with people`s problems caused by inflation, price rise, hike in diesel and LPG prices.
"All the three anti-people measures- FDI in multi-brand retail, hike of diesel price by Rs 5, and capping of LPG cylinders- should be rolled back by the government," Javadekar said, adding the UPA regime has been engaged in loot and plunder of the people.
BJP also demanded that Telangana state be formed at the earliest. Two more students committed suicide yesterday to press for its formation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway