BJP asks Congress to come clear on probe into scams
New Delhi: With the Congress holding its conclave at Surajkund, BJP on Friday asked the ruling party to come clear on the progress made in the investigations into scams including Commonwealth Games projects, Coal and 2G spectrum allocations as well as on issues like price rise.
"The country wants to know how the Congress is going ahead with the inquiries into scams like CWG, how they are trying to cover-up the coal scam and 2G spectrum allocations. The government is not ready for an impartial probe into the coal block allocations and is instead cancelling blocks alloted to PSUs," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The Centre has cancelled the allocation of Bhatgaon coal block to the Chhattisgarh government. BJP President Nitin Gadkari`s close associate and party Rajya Sabha MP Ajay Sancheti has a stake in the allocation.
BJP sought to know whether Congress will deliberate on the scams in the UPA government in its on-going conclave.
BJP also posed questions to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the coal block scam.
"If a lower-level signatory to the CWG documents is responsible in that scam then why is the final signatory (PM) in the coal scam not responsible. There has been monumental massive corruption," Javadekar said, attacking the PM.
BJP also alleged that the government is not dealing with people`s problems caused by inflation, price rise, hike in diesel and LPG prices.
"All the three anti-people measures- FDI in multi-brand retail, hike of diesel price by Rs 5, and capping of LPG cylinders- should be rolled back by the government," Javadekar said, adding the UPA regime has been engaged in loot and plunder of the people.
BJP also demanded that Telangana state be formed at the earliest. Two more students committed suicide yesterday to press for its formation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?