BJP asks govt to come clear on BEML case
New Delhi: In the wake of the suspension of VRS Natarajan as CMD of government-run BEML, BJP on Monday demanded government hold a proper inquiry into the whole issue and make clear its stand on the matter.
"BJP has been asking for proper, timely action and a proper inquiry into the matter. We hope the government comes out clearly on where they stand on this matter," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
Natarajan was suspended by the Defence Ministry on a CBI recommendation to ensure fair investigation against him in the controversial Tatra truck deal and other cases.
The move comes a few days after the Defence Ministry issued a show cause notice to Natarjan for slapping a defamation notice against former Army Chief Gen V K Singh without its permission.
"The government has put the CMD of BEML V R S Natarajan under suspension following a recommendation by CBI that he should be kept away from the post to ensure fair investigation. CBI is currently investigating into various charges against Natarajan," Defence Ministry spokesperson Sitanshu Kar said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video