BJP asks govt to come clear on BEML case
New Delhi: In the wake of the suspension of VRS Natarajan as CMD of government-run BEML, BJP on Monday demanded government hold a proper inquiry into the whole issue and make clear its stand on the matter.
"BJP has been asking for proper, timely action and a proper inquiry into the matter. We hope the government comes out clearly on where they stand on this matter," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
Natarajan was suspended by the Defence Ministry on a CBI recommendation to ensure fair investigation against him in the controversial Tatra truck deal and other cases.
The move comes a few days after the Defence Ministry issued a show cause notice to Natarjan for slapping a defamation notice against former Army Chief Gen V K Singh without its permission.
"The government has put the CMD of BEML V R S Natarajan under suspension following a recommendation by CBI that he should be kept away from the post to ensure fair investigation. CBI is currently investigating into various charges against Natarajan," Defence Ministry spokesperson Sitanshu Kar said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi