BJP asks Mayawati to back opposition fight against corruption
New Delhi: A day after BSP supremo Mayawati sought its support for a bill seeking reservation in promotion for SC/ST employees, BJP Monday asked her to back the opposition in its fight against "corruption" in UPA government.
"I want to request Mayawati that she should at least once support us in our fight against corruption against so many scams such as the 2G, CWG, there is issue of airport land and Coalgate," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
"I just want to say that Mayawati should come in our support in fight against the corruption in the UPA regime," Prasad said.
He said, "The fight for social justice will continue and it must go on".
Mayawati along with her party colleague Satish Chandra Mishra had earlier today met Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley, urging them to allow Parliament to function so that this Bill could be taken up.
The BJP had told her that it will take a final call on the issue after a discussion in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test