BJP asks Mayawati to back opposition fight against corruption
New Delhi: A day after BSP supremo Mayawati sought its support for a bill seeking reservation in promotion for SC/ST employees, BJP Monday asked her to back the opposition in its fight against "corruption" in UPA government.
"I want to request Mayawati that she should at least once support us in our fight against corruption against so many scams such as the 2G, CWG, there is issue of airport land and Coalgate," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
"I just want to say that Mayawati should come in our support in fight against the corruption in the UPA regime," Prasad said.
He said, "The fight for social justice will continue and it must go on".
Mayawati along with her party colleague Satish Chandra Mishra had earlier today met Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley, urging them to allow Parliament to function so that this Bill could be taken up.
The BJP had told her that it will take a final call on the issue after a discussion in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh