BJP asks MPs to fill forms on black money
New Delhi: In a move aimed at cornering the government on the issue of black money, the BJP on Wednesday distributed forms at its Parliamentary Party meet wherein party MPs would declare that they do not have illegal wealth stashed abroad.
Recently, while concluding his 40-day long Jan Chetna Yatra at New Delhi’s historic Ramlila Maidan, senior BJP leader LK Advani had announced that he would talk to NDA constituents and ensure MPs belonging to the coalition make a declaration before the Lok Sabha Speaker and Rajya Sabha Chairman that they do not hold black money or illegal wealth outside the country.
Advani had said that the declarations would be submitted in the first week of Winter Session, which got underway on Tuesday.
To give shape to that announcement, the forms were given to BJP MPs at the Parliamentary Party meet which was held this morning ahead of a debate in Lok Sabha on the issue of price rise.
The NDA is planning to introduce an adjournment motion on black money tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef