BJP asks MPs to fill forms on black money
New Delhi: In a move aimed at cornering the government on the issue of black money, the BJP on Wednesday distributed forms at its Parliamentary Party meet wherein party MPs would declare that they do not have illegal wealth stashed abroad.
Recently, while concluding his 40-day long Jan Chetna Yatra at New Delhi’s historic Ramlila Maidan, senior BJP leader LK Advani had announced that he would talk to NDA constituents and ensure MPs belonging to the coalition make a declaration before the Lok Sabha Speaker and Rajya Sabha Chairman that they do not hold black money or illegal wealth outside the country.
Advani had said that the declarations would be submitted in the first week of Winter Session, which got underway on Tuesday.
To give shape to that announcement, the forms were given to BJP MPs at the Parliamentary Party meet which was held this morning ahead of a debate in Lok Sabha on the issue of price rise.
The NDA is planning to introduce an adjournment motion on black money tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city