BJP asks MPs to fill forms on black money
New Delhi: In a move aimed at cornering the government on the issue of black money, the BJP on Wednesday distributed forms at its Parliamentary Party meet wherein party MPs would declare that they do not have illegal wealth stashed abroad.
Recently, while concluding his 40-day long Jan Chetna Yatra at New Delhi’s historic Ramlila Maidan, senior BJP leader LK Advani had announced that he would talk to NDA constituents and ensure MPs belonging to the coalition make a declaration before the Lok Sabha Speaker and Rajya Sabha Chairman that they do not hold black money or illegal wealth outside the country.
Advani had said that the declarations would be submitted in the first week of Winter Session, which got underway on Tuesday.
To give shape to that announcement, the forms were given to BJP MPs at the Parliamentary Party meet which was held this morning ahead of a debate in Lok Sabha on the issue of price rise.
The NDA is planning to introduce an adjournment motion on black money tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border