BJP asks PM to assure nation on steps taken to tackle violations along LoC
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday criticised the Congress-led UPA Government for its failures to combat regular ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC), and said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh must give an assurance to the nation and inform citizens about the steps taken by New Delhi.
An Indian Army soldier was killed when Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian forward posts in the Balakote sub-sector along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch District on Tuesday evening in what is stated to be the second ceasefire violation of the day and the eighth in less than a week.
"See, the situation along the border is very critical now because there are growing ceasefire violations, there are more push of infiltration, infiltrators. There is total backfire for protecting the terrorists coming in India. So it`s a mini-war like situation and therefore our soldiers are dying, they are getting injured," said BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar.
"And therefore, we have demanded the Prime Minister must come clean. He must give the statement now to assure, reassure the nation and tell what action the government of India wants to take," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing