BJP asks PM to assure nation on steps taken to tackle violations along LoC
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday criticised the Congress-led UPA Government for its failures to combat regular ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC), and said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh must give an assurance to the nation and inform citizens about the steps taken by New Delhi.
An Indian Army soldier was killed when Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian forward posts in the Balakote sub-sector along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch District on Tuesday evening in what is stated to be the second ceasefire violation of the day and the eighth in less than a week.
"See, the situation along the border is very critical now because there are growing ceasefire violations, there are more push of infiltration, infiltrators. There is total backfire for protecting the terrorists coming in India. So it`s a mini-war like situation and therefore our soldiers are dying, they are getting injured," said BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar.
"And therefore, we have demanded the Prime Minister must come clean. He must give the statement now to assure, reassure the nation and tell what action the government of India wants to take," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- French Open: Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair advance to second round
- Nextbit Robin launched in India at Rs 19,999; comes with 100GB cloud storage
- Faint-hearted? Don't watch this spine-chilling road accident video
- Volkswagen rolls out first Ameo from Pune plant
- Hyundai announces special discount for government employees